Request for proposals from sites interested in hosting a 2020 general election debate
Jan 2, 2019
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) is accepting applications from sites interested in hosting a 2020 general election presidential or vice presidential debate. The deadline to submit a proposal to host a debate is April 2, 2019.
Below is an overview of the requirements:
- A debate hall of at least 15,000 square feet that is air conditioned.
- A large parking area close to the debate hall for 40 television remote trucks, trailers and/or satellite trucks up to 53 feet in length.
- A media filing center, located either in the same facility as the debate hall or immediately adjacent to the debate hall that is a minimum of 20,000 square feet (may be a tent). This space must be air conditioned.
- A media parking lot, located approximately one-quarter to one mile away from the media filing center, that can accommodate approximately 500 passenger vehicles.
- An accreditation center of at least 3,000 square feet, located one-half to one mile away from the debate hall, with parking for up to 75 vehicles.
- Nearby hotels that can provide 3,000 rooms for the event.
- Adequate air and ground transportation networks.
- The host’s guarantee of complete city services, including public safety personnel.
- Financial contribution.
Specific requirements are subject to change.
To request an application, please email [email protected].